Saturday, December 11, 2010

Posted by ShemaSchool on 8:04 PM No comments

Our family just finished celebrating the season of Hanukkah.  Hanukkah is the Festival of Lights and the Feast of Dedication.  JESUS came to earth as the LIGHT of the World.  Jews celebrate Hanukkah not knowing the FULLness of the symbolism of Who they are celebrating.
 1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." (JOHN 1)

Jews remember the Maccabees that refused to give in to forces that tried to get them to let go of their GOD.  They fought and eventually re-claimed their temple.  We must all HOLD ON to our FAITH in Christ, no matter the darkness that comes against us.  As my sisters in Christ are struggling this morning, with their own personal darknesses, I remind us all that we must re-dedicate our temples (our hearts, our minds and our Spirits) to the LIVING GOD, regardless of what comes against us.  "Set your face toward JERUSALEM", the City of PEACE, and decide in your hearts to follow HIM, no matter the cost nor outcome!!

The LIGHT of the LORD, The LIGHT of the LORD, The LIGHT of the LORD - conquers all sickness, all disability, all wanderings, all doubt, all wickedness - It dispels ALL darkness.  "Come all Ye Faithful, Joyful and Triumphant", Come Ye unto the LIGHT of the LORD...

If my heart is moved with compassion at all the  prayer requests I have seen lately, how much more the HEART of the Father?

My dear friend Darlene just passed away from this earth  - Psalm 27 (and all of the Psalms!!) has brought us such comfort and PEACE during this time.

Psalm 27
A Psalm of David.
 1 The LORD is my LIGHT and my salvation;      
Whom shall I fear?       
The LORD is the strength of my life;       
Of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked came against me     
To eat up my flesh,       
My enemies and foes,       
They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me,      
My heart shall not fear;       
Though war may rise against me,       
In this I will be confident.        
4 One thing I have desired of the LORD,      
That will I seek:       
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD       
All the days of my life,       
To behold the beauty of the LORD,       
And to inquire in His temple.
5 For in the time of trouble      
He shall hide me in His pavilion;       
In the secret place of His tabernacle       
He shall hide me;       
He shall set me high upon a rock.        
6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;      
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;       
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.        
7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice!      
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”      
My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;      
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;       
You have been my help;       
Do not leave me nor forsake me,       
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,      
Then the LORD will take care of me.        
11 Teach me Your way, O LORD,      
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;      
For false witnesses have risen against me,       
And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed      
That I would see the goodness of the LORD       
In the land of the living.        
14 Wait on the LORD;      
Be of good courage,       
And He shall strengthen your heart;       
Wait, I say, on the LORD!


Zechariah 9:12 (New King James Version) says "Return to the stronghold, You prisoners of hope.   Even today I declare That I will restore double to you."  We are not without hope!!  Return to the LORD, lay everything on His altar!!  Bring to Him every burden!!  We were never meant to carry them!  Release EVERYthing and EVERYone to Him.


23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.  1 Thessalonians 5

FATHER, I bring all these requests before Your Throne of GRACE and MERCY.  I ask that You would fill every HEART with Your PEACE, Your Perfect SHALOM Wholeness that surpasses understanding.  I ask that You fill them with the HOLY SPIRIT...  that they "shall be filled like bowls, and as the corners of the altar".  And that You would save us all THIS DAY as the flock of Your People, that we can be as stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon Your land!!  (Zech 9:15-16)  THANK YOU LORD, that we are not without HOPE.  We place our HOPE in you alone!!  We (re) dedicate our temples and our homes to YOU, Our Creator.  In the Mighty Name of JESUS, we ask and we pray, AMEN
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment