Sunday, November 11, 2012

Posted by ShemaSchool on 11:00 AM No comments




My Mama Heart Hurts.
Sadness threatens to engulf me as I am overwhelmed by our circumstances.
We have taken my oldest son to the ER 3 times in the last 2 weeks. And we also found out he has to have surgery for something unrelated to these 3 things, and unrelated to Type 1 diabetes. The same diabetes that ravages his body daily and knocks him down. The same diabetes that tries to steal my sleep and my peace and my joy. The sickness that does not belong here.
We have had no income for a year and a half.
We got an insurance settlement that was spent and then some before we received it.  
Both of our cars only work half the time.
My husband has been physically unable to work for a year and a half.  
The LORD has told me not to say any day is a bad day. And yet, at the end of some days, I wonder was this the worst day of my life?

Yet at the end of the day, week, month, year and a half, we still have each other.
We still have HOPE. We still have JESUS.
We still have a reason to continue on. We are still called to encourage each other as long as it is called Today. (Hebrews 3:13)
Today.
His Mercies are new each day. (Lamentations 3:22-23)
HE gives me Strength for Today.
Darkness comes, and then the new day brings joy. (Psalm 30:5)

HE promises me Refreshment, when I refresh others. (Proverbs 11:25)
Even here.
Even in Broken-ness.
Even in the Broken place.
Especially in this Broken place.
So many days, I have thought I had no more to give.
I have thought that I could not go on without sleep another night. I have thought that we could not pay the bills.
It is not pretty, but we are still here.
We are stronger.
Now it takes a lot more to move us, and even then we can come back to His Heart. Slowly, HE is showing us to let it all go.
Beyond the broken, we find the Secret Place (Psalm 91:1). The Place where the Lord waits to show us how HE can sustain us, no matter the circumstance.
Sometimes I think this is the end, but Life goes on, and tomorrow is a new day.

I am not sure how The Lord will work these circumstances out, but His Word says HE has a good plan for our lives (Jeremiah 29:11).  My mother-in-law says it is like when there is an emergency and everyone is panicking so, they cannot see the EXIT signs right there. GOD has already made a way, but we cannot see it YET. We have to stop panicking, start trusting Him, and wait for Him to bring forth His Will for our lives. 

HE says HE will never leave us nor forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5)
HE has not left you.
HE will not leave you.
HE loves you, regardless of how painful it is where you are.
You are not without HOPE.
Our country is not without HOPE.
This place, this whole life is temporary.
The Secret Place lasts forever.
The Ancient of Days is waiting for us to come to Him, and sit at His feet.
Ask Him for living water, HE offers us drink when we are weary.

Be relentless, search out HOPE in your circumstance, even if it is only a cloud the size of a man's hand!

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord More than those who watch for the morning—Yes, more than those who watch for the morning. O Israel, hope in the Lord;For with the Lord there is mercy, And with Him is abundant redemption."  -Psalm 130:5-7 (NKJV)

LORD, fill us with Your Glory, fill us with your Strength to face whatever circumstances You have chosen to give us. Give us Grace to Hold on to You alone and to release everything to You: the good, the bad and the ugly.  Bind our hearts and our hurts. In JESUS' Name, AMEN. 

In His Mighty Sustaining Power I remain,
Sara


"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind, is anything too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341cc30c53ef017ee4e20f8c970d

photo from http://office.microsoft.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment