Monday, October 28, 2013

Posted by ShemaSchool on 1:11 PM No comments

I grew up with made-for-tv movies and series.  Every Sunday night, they would take a book and bring it to life, for all to see.  We were fascinated by Charlotte's Web and Little House on the Prairie, and so many others.

I had the thought the other day that the life of JESUS, The Word Made Flesh was like a made-for-tv movie. HE is The Bible come to Life. Word made flesh. HE is the embodiment of The Bible. His Whole Life is a guide for us. Word Made Flesh for all to see.

If there is something that is preached at church, or some thought you have, look for it in JESUS' Life. HE is our example.  (This is how we take every thought captive.)  HE lived His entire Life without compromise, or rebellion.

Last week I was painfully confronted with my own lack of righteousness. I still have not recovered. The enemy came against me with a wall of condemnation.  I am not the woman (mama! wife!) I long to be. The "movie" my children see me walk out is so often not the one I would have them see. I am in desperate need of a Savior. I am pretty sure this is Good News, but nonetheless I am grieved by my lack of patience. 

JESUS was led by The Holy Spirit when HE was taken to the desert to be tested. That always amazes me. JESUS was led to the wilderness, so HE could be tested, tried, proved. 

In this wilderness of 24 hour a day motherhood, I am being tried and tested and I have come up lacking.

Paul tells us in Philippians 3:17 (NKJV):
Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.

I, Sara, say "Follow me, not as I walk, but as I stumble and fall and throw myself at The Feet of an Awesome Lord Who Saves to the uttermost”. 

Here I remain fleshing out The Word of The Lord, putting my sins (too numerous to count!) under The Blood, receiving unmerited incomprehensible, extravagant Grace from the Father. HE knows me, yet HE loves me.

HE loves you, HE wants to cover all your lack if only you will let Him.  Let us not cower and hide from our sins like Fallen Adam in the Garden. Let us come boldly before The Throne declaring our need of a Savior, and fully taking advantage of The Propitiation that was so lovingly provided.

Lord, I thank You that you sent Your Son to cover me and my sins when I was yet a sinner and had not repented of a single one. Though tempted to run and hide, I boldly declare that I am desperate for The Blood that will wash my mama heart clean.

Mama, won't you pray with me the Prayer my son prays every night for the last 8 years:   

"Lord, I plead Your Blood over my sins, and the sins of my nation. Lord, send revival, end abortion, in JESUS' Name."(International House of Prayer)

Lord, send revival to our hearts, to our husbands' hearts, to our children's hearts. Send revival to our president's heart, to our nation, in JESUS' Name. AMEN and AMEN.

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.” Philippians 3:20-21 (NKJV)

Mercy and Grace,
Sara


0 comments:

Post a Comment