Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Posted by ShemaSchool on 7:59 AM No comments


We have had some cool experiences with the Lord. My favorite so far occurred when we went to Lakeland the 1st time for the Revival. The Prophetic was so new to me and I was so in love with Jesus and so full of Faith.  It was the last night we were going to be in Lakeland, and we were headed home the next morning and my youngest son (5 years old at the time) was supposed to be baptized at our (seeker-sensitive) church back home. 

I had a dream that night that my son and I were in a baptismal font and there were angels in it and above it. There was fire, like lightnings all around, going up and down, from Heaven to earth and back again.  I knew in the dream that it was like Jacob's ladder. 
Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.  Genesis 28:12 (NKJV)
It was not until some time later that I realized that Jesus is The Ladder:
And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”  John 1:51 (NKJV)
This went on all night and I was half-asleep and half awake. My son was in the hotel bed with me and it was like we had electrical current surging through us all night.  He was asleep, but he would touch me and then groan.  It felt like how that ball they have at the fair looks... In the morning, I could still feel power coming from me. I felt it the whole car ride home.  That whole day, I was blessing everyone I came near, even cars as they drove by. The Holy Spirit was moving heavily on Byron too, he literally cried the whole 8+ hours home.  He had not cried since he was 15 before that. 
Our car broke down, but we were not bothered - we were so full of faith we thought the Lord would transport (translate?) us. I was sure because of the dream with the baptismal font that we would be on time to the baptism. 
We finally got the car fixed, and we were not translated home. We missed the baptism service. When we arrived in town, there was another church service going on, and we went straight to our church. We were so excited to share about the healings we had seen!  Right before the service, we spoke with the worship team but to our dismay, they were not impressed by our excitement about the Revival and the Holy Spirit. Later during worship, I felt the power leave - It was sucked out of my body and instantly I knew it was because of the unbelief in the room. 
I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have begged the Lord for Him to give it back to me. How I miss feeling His Power with such Fullness!
I still do not completely understand, but I think I will eventually walk in the anointing that I felt. I believe it is a healing anointing and I think the Lord gave me a preview of what is to come. So many times I am so homesick for that dunamis power, especially when I lay hands on the people and seemingly nothing happens. 
If I knew then what I know now, I would have driven to a hospital or laid hands on my oldest son or my husband, but there is no place for regret in The Kingdom. Ironically, my son ended up being baptized in Lakeland (on a subsequent trip) in a pool and I was in the font with him. 
I know, I have felt it in my body, that the day will come when we lay hands on the hospital walls and everyone will recover. I want to encourage you that Our Lord can heal, HE does heal...  HE is so Faith-full.  Recently, on literally what felt like one of the worst days of my family's life (lives?), HE sent a young woman up to tell us that 5 years before JESUS had healed her when we had laid hands on her. It was medically verified by a very unbelieving doctor. She had felt heat when my 5 year old had laid hands on her belly, even after he had removed it. The Lord in His Perfect Orchestration that HE calls LIFE, had waited 5 whole years for us to see this girl again. HE brought this girl up to us as we were standing in a prayer line, desperate for healing for my oldest son and my husband. HE sent her to encourage us when we had almost given up HOPE...
Yay GOD!
What is your favorite GOD experience?
Sara

0 comments:

Post a Comment